Wednesday, November 24, 2010

fix spotlight crash hackintosh

I have a perfect hackintosh with GA-EP-43 board and intel core2 8400 except spotlight crash whenever try to input more three letters (or number or any other something). I had almost given up to fix it since it took more months and there was no any tip on the internet. by chance I searched a Chinese forum and here comes a tip:
jeremy xu

Posts: 1
Registered: Jun 21, 2010

Re: spotlight crash after update to 10.6.4
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 9:25 AM in response to: Jorge Gustavo G...


i have the same problem, then i copy all dictionaries in "/Library/Dictionaries" from 10.5.8 to 10.6.4 , the problem disappeared. sorry for my poor English!

I don't have 10.5.8. But I open " /Library/dictionaries" and move all (three files) out off that dictory. Aha, no more crash!!!!. I then test by copy the dictionary file back, one by one, and no crash!!!. this is really strange. Good thing is no more crash!!!

No comments: